Sunday, May 24, 2009

5 springs

The Big Horns bring back tons of memories for me. As a child, we would picnic there with our family and friends. We would head to this one campsite in particular. 5 Springs. Probably because it is the first campground at the base of the mountain, but I think more so because it is beautiful there. A few years ago, I realized that I had never taken my kids there. Partially because we always seem to go to Red Lodge, or Northfork (occasionally) The first time I took the kids, all of them loved it. They thought it was the coolest place ever! Hiking back to the waterfalls was so much fun. As we got closer, I saw the kids excitement building. Seeing things through their eyes is amazing. I sat at the base of the waterfall, took pictures of the kids, and was amazed at what a beautiful creation the Lord made. I told Josh, "this is why we live in Powell" The beauty we are surrounded by daily is such a blessing.

the boys on the trail
We went back up last weekend (minus Paige) and had a wonderful picnic and hike. We had so much fun relaxing, and climbing up as high as we could by the waterfall. We actually went quite a ways up past the first big waterfall. Josh was getting a tad nervous with Mia, but she was a trooper. The boys wanted to go higher and higher.


After sticking his head in the freezing cold water. Such an amazing kid.


Everywhere I would turn, I would see another photo op:)


All boy..all the time.


This picture is acutally behind the waterfall that you see Mia in at the top. they climbed up behind it and sat in this little cave. I love to see the smiles on those faces!
I promised the kids that we would make a habit of going up. It will be a good one to keep!

No comments: