Monday, January 10, 2011

a better tomorrow.

So, it is 10:45 and I am listening to Carter get food...again. He is obviously growing and can't seem to sleep because his belly is always empty. As I sit here and think how amazing he is..I think about how UN amazing I can be.

I thought it would be easier as the kids got older. All it means is that their problems, clothes, appetite and schedules get bigger. :)

I never forget how blessed I am, but some days I need a time out..from myself~I am by no means a perfect mother and lose my cool, and in turn have to ask for forgiveness. Jamie and I always have the conversation about the refiners fire. I must need lots of refinement. Most days I pray..help me be better today than I was yesterday. Most days I nail it, other times I miss miserably and feel like an EPIC failure.

I wonder why I hang on to the failure for days?

I just hate that I get frustrated by small things when I look around and see how blessed I am to have only the challenges I have, which are minor.

I sometimes, like I said..need a time out to reflect on how blessed I am. How to laugh at the ridiculous things that happen in my house on a daily basis. My house is filled with love, LOTS of laughter, even more humor and I forget that. I get pulled down into this attitude of focusing on that "one bad thing" or that "one bad comment" someone said..Its a total waste of time. So tomorrow, I pray, I am better than today :)


2 comments:

Natalee said...

:) I think EVERY mother feels exactly the way you do!!

I hope today was better!

Meredith said...

it was Natalee :) I miss ya!