Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School is out...Vacation begins :)

No school. I get my kids back :) Hooray!!

Today was a great first day of summer vacation...what did we do?



It started last night for Paige with some work at Chinatown, followed by some sleeping in...and then some more work at the coffee hut, and then an 1.5 hour swim at the pool..not so much fun for her first day! But, she is at a friend's tonight :)

Carter spent the night at Kalei's and was up bright and early for weight training at the high school at six. He then went to Sweets to hang with Matt and Kalei..I picked him up with enough time for him to pack a new bag and he is heading to Jacksons...social butterfly!

Kain spent the night at Dylans house and we picked him up at 3 (he wouldn't go to the pool with us today) and we loaded up his bike and went to Thoringtons. He and Hartly went on a long bike ride, played in the pond, and had a blast!

Mia and I met Hartly, Addy, Austin and Lexus at the pool..they swam for FOUR hours!! I sat and worked on my overwhelming summer schedule. We then headed to Frankos for some lunch and then picked up Kain and we all headed our to Thoringtons. Mia had an awesome story about Dana going after one of the ducks who was being mean to Addy's duck..I wish I had a video because it sounded HILARIOUS. Mia and I also played an hour of Kinect :) I love these days.

I had huge stress today when I was working on the summer schedule. Four very active kids makes for a very very full summer. I think Carter has a total of seven camps and then games on top of that! It is a change this year because I am also working two mornings a week.(but better than the five or six I have been working)

I am not sure how we will get through the busy days, but I know one thing for sure...I will cherish the lazy days..the freedom..the smiles...the laughter :)

No comments: