Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well then

I wonder why I can't seem to get on here and write anything down..I have so many things to say..but three months go by? Crazy.

Kain just celebrated his 10th birthday and had a wonderful party with his friends. The kids and I built a fire pit. It was a huge sucIess at the party with smores and hotdogs being the menu :) We have had a trip to New York, basketball camps, football camps, basketball tournaments and baseball..girl scout activities, trips to yellowtail, playdates, sleepovers, and so much more. Summer it is an amazing thing..freedom, fun, laughter..I know the kids can't believe it is half over..I can't either. I am not ready. I don't want them to go back to school, when I see school supplies..my heart hurts.

My new decision..to live in the moment..to really enjoy each precious moment. You blink and a week, a month (or three until I blog again..ha) and years pass by. I always thought that my parents were nuts I would hear them say "where did the time go" "it goes so fast, just yesterday you were in my arms". I now understand..because just yesterday my kids were babies. Now I have one who is considering school in another state..a teenage boy who is taller than me..a 10 year old who makes me laugh every single day..and a sweet 7 year old who is about to be eight.

I spend way too many hours dwelling on the past, or worrying about things in the future..when the truth is..I have to take the time to enjoy the NOW..the moments, I can't get back. There are so many that I have to be thankful for. The kids and I went mini golfing on Kain's birthday..it sprinkled on us, we laughed..we danced...we sang..we took pictures..I am blessed daily by my children. My precious gifts from the Lord, that he has given me the responsibility of raising into adults. They are funny, kind, talented, amazing and loved beyond measure by me. :) What else really matters?

1 comment:

Natalee said...

I'm so glad you are back!! I LOVE your blogs! You are SUCH a good Mom Meredith, and such an example to me! Every time I read the amazingly sweet things you say about your kids, I am reminded of the three little blessings running around screaming in my house too! Thanks for keeping me on track! Love ya girly!