Friday, August 13, 2010

Surgery

I have decided to have a better attitude this time and accept the limitations. I have decided to listen to the doctor this time. I have decided surgery still is as bad as I remember :)

Tuesday I did it, I bit the bullet and had my second foot surgery. Dr. Biles said it was about time and a good thing I did. The joint was gone, there were massive amounts of scar tissue, it was a mess. Metal plate and 5 screws later..I am on the mend. It has been a tough few days (but we all know the first days are the hardest) I am already sick of the morphine haze, but thankfully today I was able to be just a little mobile. 4 weeks with zero weight is such a long time, but today I felt a glimmer of hope. Dana went and got me a knee scooter from Biles office. It lifted my spirits by 50 percent! You put your knee of the bad leg on it and use your good leg and scoot around. I actually was so happy when my mom and dad were over I was sailing through the house! My dad told me I am like Barbara Jean on Reba (she is kooky and crazy, and I love that show..I took as a compliment)

I started working on a fun project tonite. I set up a card table beside my bed..moved in Jamie's big cricut, paper, glue, buttons etc..it made me totally happy! So..when there are those moments when I am feeling like doing a little something, I can still keep my foot elevated above my head and get it done! It's a reminder that it is the little things that make me happy!

I am blessed by my friends and family who have made sure that I am taken care of, who come and lay on the bed and talk to me, who bring us goodies, flowers, and everything else I could need. It's going to be a long haul, but heck..I am already 4 days down. :)

1 comment:

Natalee said...

Oh you poor thing! That sounds awful! I hope the time goes by quickly...and just think of all the scrapbooking you can get done in that time! :) Get better quickly!!!