Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday

Today was a day off from school. Hooray. Kain went snowboarding with Dylon. He had a blast. They rode the magic carpet up and boarded down over and over. Carter went to Heny's then to the games. The girls had play practice (tomorrow is the big day) After Mia's practice, we worked on some Valentines for the grandparents..we need to finish those tomorrow :) We then got Paige, and got ready for JV basketball. We met Cindi there and watched a game. Left the boys there,and the girls came home. Rough for Paige, but we got through it.

Dana, Franko and I went to the movie Valentines day. I loved it. It made me think about Valentines day. I realized I have worked on so many other projects, that I don't have everything ready for my kids. I guess that is what tomorrow is for. :) After haircuts and 2 performances, of course. Part of the movie took place in a flower shop,and it reminded me of fun times in Dana's flower shop. When you walked in the back door, you would be overwhelmed with the smell of flowers. There would be containers of them everywhere. It was delightful. There was always the bustle of hundreds of orders and of course the "last minute men" begging for arrangements. We always told stories about what we thought they were doing, where they were going, and who they were for. It was a happy time, although you left there never wanting to smell a flower again.


I look at flowers now and honestly think "waste of money" but then, I was captivated by flowers. Now I think more practical. It is funny how time changes you.


No comments: